Heavy Rigid Licence Brisbane

Are you interested in getting a Heavy Rigid licence in Brisbane? HR Licence is the highest class of truck licence in Brisbane. With a Heavy Rigid licence, you can drive any bus or truck with 3 or more axles having a GVM of over 8 tonnes.

If you want to want to make your career in logistics, trucking, construction, and mining, then you need to possess a Heavy Rigid licence. Before getting enrolled in an HR licence course there are numerous important factors to know about it such as eligibility, procedure, and more! 

Heavy Rigid Truck Licence Brisbane

Get An HR Licence In Brisbane

For those who seek their career in logistics, trucking, mining, construction, etc. then you will require an HR truck drivers licence as you will be driving vehicles having GVM over 8 tonnes. If you are looking for a government approved training school offering nationally recognised driving courses then Aus Truck Training in Brisbane is one such organisation that offers the best services in the area. 

Our experienced trainers ensure comfortable, friendly, and stress-free teaching techniques, to make you learn driving in the most hassle-free manner. You will also be given expert advice which will surely help you while working. The lessons will cover all the aspects of driving an HR truck.

Training For HR Licence

There are three-kind of courses for those seeking an HR Licence from Aus Truck Training. You can either opt for a half-day, one day or two-day courses depending upon your personal preference. Our professionals will train you in the most efficient way! 

The following are the requirements to apply for a Heavy Rigid licence:

  • A car licence for at least a period of 24 months
  • An identification proof
  • Medical certificate, if required
  • Know to drive a car having manual transmission
  • Complete Transport Road Rules test
  • Pay practical test fee
  • For those holding an LR or MR licence, written test is not required
  • For those who need an HR Licence to drive a bus, driver’s authorization from TMR will also be required


Getting a Heavy Rigid drivers licence is not a difficult task these days. You just need to contact an authorized and trusted driving school to get a Heavy rigid licence in Brisbane. The training institute offers nationally recognized truck driving courses for the respective classes. Aus Truck Training in Brisbane is one of the most trusted driving institutes that offers HR truck lessons and our professionals make sure that you learn each and every required detail regarding HR vehicles and licence. 

An HR licence makes you drive HR vehicles which include mobile cranes or prime mover. HR vehicles are the buses to trucks having a Gross Vehicle Mass of over 8 tonnes. These vehicles comprise 3 or more axles. The licence is quite popular among those who are interested in pursuing a career in the transport industry. There are two more kinds of Heavy Rigid Licence Training – HR Unconditional and HR Condition B. An HR Unconditional Licence have no gear conditions. This licence holds the broadest range of employment prospects. If you have an HR Unconditional licence then you can easily get it upgraded to an HC or MC licence in the future. 

An HR Condition B also makes you attain good employment in the road transport industry. This licence is comparatively inexpensive and is apt for those drivers who want to avoid road ranger gearboxes. You can also get this licence upgraded in later years if required. 

There are numerous job opportunities for those individuals having an HR licence Brisbane. Some of the most popular among them have been mentioned below:

  • Driving large council buses
  • Operating haul trucks in mining industries
  • Driving interstate & intrastate coaches
  • Driving HR vehicles for moving contractors
  • Get a removalist job

If you want to get an HR licence then you must fulfill the following requirements:

  • You must hold a permanent, provisional, or probationary car driving licence for at least a period of 2 years
  • You need to qualify the tests conducted by the Department of Transport and Main Roads, that are, the written knowledge test, and on-road practical driving test
  • If you possess an LR or MR licence then you don’t need to appear for the written knowledge test
  • If you hold a medical condition on your current licence, then you need to submit a medical certificate
  • For those who need an HR licence to drive a bus, there must be a driver’s authorization from TMR
Heavy Rigid Truck Licence Brisbane

Get A Instant Enquiry

We’d love to hear your feedback or answer any questions you may have.
Get the best driver training in Brisbane at the most affordable price! Please call or email for a quote.